[kwlug-disc] PHP code question

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Sep 7 15:00:17 EDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 2:56 PM, John Johnson <jvj at golden.net> wrote:

> Following with interest and found the following info on the Drupal API:
>
> http://api.drupal.org/api/**drupal/includes--path.inc/**function/arg/5<http://api.drupal.org/api/drupal/includes--path.inc/function/arg/5>
>
> However, I am not sure what it means - nor how it applies.

In Drupal, it means "path" components, slash delimited.

So if your URL is like so http://example.com/foo/bar/baz

arg(0) will have "foo", arg(1) will have "bar" and arg(2) will have "baz".

It allows Drupal to parse arguments such as /user/123 or node/789, ...etc.

Drupalism for sure.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.