[kwlug-disc] PHP code question

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Wed Sep 7 14:11:30 EDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 10:39:56AM -0400, Bill Traynor wrote:
> Line 55 is this function:
>
> function ctools_php_ctools_access_check($__conf, $contexts) {
>   $access = eval($__conf['php']);
>   return $access;
> }
>
> As an admitted PHP neophyte, I have no idea how to add the Exception.  As
> fixing this bug as fast as possible is my priority right now, can anyone
> tell me how to add the Exception to that function?

Probably something like the code at:

	http://php.net/manual/en/language.exceptions.php

Or like:

	http://pastebin.com/UV8Fg2Lh

I'd also be interested in what $__conf['php'] holds, and would be
logging that somewhere, temporarily, regardless of condition.

If you can reliably reproduce the bug, I'd probably add a simple echo or
print and capture it that way.  If not, then I'd log it to a file in
/tmp somewhere, before the eval(), and write "success" after the eval,
and watch for the ones that don't succeed.

I'm not a Drupal expert though.

- Chris