[kwlug-disc] OT: Non-satellite alternatives to Rogers Cable?

Kyle Spaans 3lucid at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 11:49:54 EDT 2011

Would you consider changing ISPs? A guy I met is thinking of starting
a no-nonsense Fiber-To-The-Home ISP in KW: www.kingstreetinternet.com
-- you could be a good candidate if he starts up, since you're in an
apt building.

2011/10/25 Charles M <chaslinux at gmail.com>:
> I'd do the streaming thing but our Teksavvy connection
> really seems to be throttled by Bell (we get really bad results on the DSL
> test, but a constant download actually runs at about 180 kb/s.).

Hmm, as a diagnostic, try downloading something from
http://mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/ like an ISO. You should be able to
max out your connection for most of the download.