[kwlug-disc] Dial Plan

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Sun Oct 16 23:37:43 EDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 06:36:24PM -0400, L.D. Paniak wrote:
> So you will want "S0" at the end of each dialplan option - which it
> looks like you have done.  Another reason not to use the wildcard. Or
> you can monkey with the digit timeouts (not recommended).

I had left the wildcard in there for the time being incase I missed
something obvious. I dropped the delay down from the default 10 seconds
to four. But I'm not the person that will complain if calls don't work
at all.

> You might want to change your VoIP prefix from 9.  For VoIP long
> distance, you are 1 digit away from an instantaneous 911 call. Or do
> away with the leading 1.  I've been of fan of global 10-digit dialing
> for a while now though the WAF was a little low at the start.

Global ten digit? Do you mean skipping the '1'? I suppose that is
possible, but were both used to it already, plus the call display for
long-distance calls has the 1 already affixed for returning calls.

--
Chris Irwin
e:  chris at chrisirwin.ca
w: http://chrisirwin.ca