[kwlug-disc] Ubuntu 11.10 release party Saturday!

chaslinux at gmail.com chaslinux at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 14:37:45 EDT 2011

I still feel 10.04 is way more stable on most hardware than 11.04 or 11.10, but 11.10 does work (rather sluggishly) on a Compaq Evo 2.4GHz w/ 1.5GB RAM and onboard sucky video.

For my XBMC box and normal use notebook I've stuck with 10.04. I may switch to 11.10 permanently later, but the power issues in the kernel need to be fixed and the UI needs to be more responsive. I also tried it on a dell quad core system and found some things a bit sluggish, other things (window response) fast!!!
Sent from my “contract free” BlackBerry® smartphone on the WIND network.