[kwlug-disc] Begging for presentation offers

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 14:44:01 EST 2011

From: Colin K <colin at void11.com>
To: KWLUG discussion <kwlug-disc at kwlug.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 12:45:49 PM
Subject: Re: [kwlug-disc] Begging for presentation offers

> I'm a compulsive data horder because data takes up no space and actual hording does so I see it as less of a problem :P)

The difference between a hoarder and a collector is the organization of the things collected.

If you don't know what you have and you don't know where it is you are hoarding.
If you have things don't want along with things you want, you are hoarding.

The problem with hoarding is that hoarders cannot tell the difference so they cannot make up their mind on what to throw away.

I have paper hoarding tendencies my self, so Every now and then I dedicate a full day to throw away things and file the ones I care about. Buying a filing cabinete helped me there.

With data, hoarding may seem innocuous, but If it prevents you from using and/or enjoying your data, then it is a problem.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
Twitter: rarsamx