[kwlug-disc] Begging for presentation offers

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Fri Nov 11 12:16:11 EST 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 12:06 PM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:

> Chris Irwin wrote, On 11/11/2011 11:39 AM:
>
>  Any KDE users that we could poke for experiences on KDE's 4 migration?
>> Especially if you didn't like 4.0, but accepted the later releases as
>> development marched on?
>>

> Nah, they wouldn't come. Consorting with the devil as it were ...
>
> KDE rules. (-:

Seconded ...

> Besides, that fiasco is something we would all just like to forget about,
> pretend never happened ...
>
>        I stopped upgrading Kubuntu at the first 3.5 -> 4 attempt and went
> back. When the last LTS release came, tried it again and it was finally
> 'stable'. (Usable.)

Similar experience here. I was that close to go Gnome or XFCE.

The LTS saved me from that, and I have been running it since April 2010,
with no issues.

> It's about the apps, people, not the underlying OS.

Amen to that brother ...

> Let alone 'migration' is still ongoing. Not all kde apps / korganizer,
> etc., are fully converted to akonadi yet, etc.

I don't bother with most KDE applications.
Being a minimalist, I live in Firefox and screen ...
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.