[kwlug-disc] Begging for presentation offers

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Nov 11 12:04:41 EST 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 11:39:09AM -0500, Chris Irwin wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 21:33, Paul Nijjar <paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> > I figure you are most likely to find GNOME Shell enthusiasts amongst
> > Fedora users, but I could be wrong.
>
> I'm an Ubuntu shell user, completely converted for a while now. I was
> a Unity user since the 11.04 betas, through the 11.10 betas. I could
> take up the "other side". Also, I don't think this is a zero-sum
> argument. Also, this isn't a zero-sum game, and I think both are
> benefiting from the other existing (I know shell development picked up
> after Unity was announced, for example).

Deal!

Could you and Darcy hold a round of peace negotiations and then send
me an abstract for the website, as well as the size of meeting slot
you want?

I am hoping there will be live demos involved.

> Any KDE users that we could poke for experiences on KDE's 4 migration?
> Especially if you didn't like 4.0, but accepted the later releases as
> development marched on?

This could be a topic of its own. It could also be incorporated into
the presentation.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org