[kwlug-disc] OT: Non-satellite alternatives to Rogers Cable?

Tue Nov 8 17:55:43 EST 2011

On Tue, Nov 08 11:46:13 AM Jason Locklin wrote:
> CM-7777 amp. The rotor is required because the 91XG is extremely
> directional and cannot pick up Toronto and Buffalo without pointing
> directly at them. A 4-bay antenna won't have that problem, but won't
> pick up Buffalo in KW unless you are in a good, high spot.

I'm not so sure about that.  You're lower than I am (I'm at the bottom of
Chicopee Hill, on the east side of the hill) but with roof mounted ANT-2109
pointed directly at the CN tower I can get everything of the tower, two Buffalo
stations, Hamilton, London, CKCO of course and a couple others that I'm not
interested in.  I haven't been back up on the roof to re-aim it (I lost some
weak CN Tower stations) but I should also be able to pick up TVO and a couple
others too after the September switchover.

-A.