[kwlug-disc] OT: Non-satellite alternatives to Rogers Cable?

L.D. Paniak ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com
Mon Nov 7 09:32:25 EST 2011

Having discovered last night the Rogers pulled the plug on HDNET, I too
am front-burner-ing the search for alternatives.

With an antenna suggested on this list once upon a time by Andrew K. and
a cheapo amp mounted miles from the antenna, I can reliably get the
local channels, CBC from TO and CHCH from Hamilton.  Quite often
(ex-rain,heavy cloud, snow), channels from Buffalo are good too with
WNET(PBS) leading the way.  I have yet to tie this feed into my Myth
system, but I have been pleased with performance on the LG widescreen.

My questions would be best multi-tuner PCI(-E) ATSC capture card for
Mythtv? And suggestions for a decent UHF amp.