[kwlug-disc] Linux Mint

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 5 15:49:00 EDT 2011

Mint allows to do in place updates.

Twitter: rarsamx

From: Oksana Goertzen <ogoertzen at gmail.com>
To: KWLUG discussion <kwlug-disc at kwlug.org>
Sent: Friday, November 4, 2011 2:58:10 PM
Subject: Re: [kwlug-disc] Linux Mint

I've been trying it out on another machine and it's been good.  I wanted wanted to avoid
any gotcha's.  Can you do an in place upgrade?

I used to use KDE a while back but when it all changed and became really unstable for
a while I moved to Gnome.  Either works.  I use apps from both.  :)  Now it's the other
way around, Unity has an interface that's simply not working for me... it's getting in
the way of getting things done.

On 4 November 2011 14:49, Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:

>On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Raul Suarez <rarsa at yahoo.com> wrote:
>The only reason I changedto LMDE was to avoid reinstalling every now and then and stil be current. (I was skipping at least one release each time)
>I stay on LTS releases only with Kubuntu (or any *buntu). No need to reinstall, unless you want to.
>So, what is it that was forcing you to reinstall with Ubuntu?
>Khalid M. Baheyeldin
>2bits.com, Inc.
>Drupal optimization, development, customization and consulting.
>Simplicity is prerequisite for reliability. --  Edsger W.Dijkstra
>Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. --   Leonardo da Vinci
>For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H.L. Mencken
>kwlug-disc mailing list
>kwlug-disc at kwlug.org

It's never too late to be what you might have been.
George Eliot

kwlug-disc mailing list
kwlug-disc at kwlug.org