[kwlug-disc] Add swap space while a centos server is live.

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed Nov 2 06:09:07 EDT 2011

Perhaps Khalid can assist with the Apache memory usage. Getting some
of the 800MB back is probably useful to you.

You should be able to create a swap file and swapon, without touching
fstab. Just for the purposes of evaluating if swap space brings
anything to the party.

If everything is in RAM anyways, curious that swap space would help in
any significant way. Hmmm - I wonder if they're caching you out. (And
if so, nothing you do is going to impact that significantly.)

Any advice from the MC forums on what will help best? Or from the
hosts, for that matter? e.g. Can they demonstrate to you that you're
not getting cached out.