[kwlug-disc] Laser Multifunction with feeder under Linux?

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Tue May 31 22:35:54 EDT 2011

On 2011-05-31 20:33, John Van Ostrand wrote:
> Yield depends on how much you use the printer. In my house it's used infrequently enough that ink dries out before the cartridge's full yield can be realized. I haven't tried laser, but I figure it could lay idle for longer without damage to the toner cartridge
My apologies beacuse I do not not recall the advice I was given but I
did talk to the good folks at the printer cartridge recharge place on
Lancaster beside Orion Electronics and Travel. I think it maybe Inkwell
but I am not sure.

They were able to give me the pros and cons of the different inks,
printers and the costs of the cartridges and recharge. The owners have
long history with fiddling with machines with some having worked in the
local textile industry (when there was one) as sewing machine
technicians. Printers are the same kind of fiddly machines with fiddly
little parts and stuff.

When I am ready to upgrade I will talk to them first before I talk to
anyone at Future Shop, Best Buy or any similar outlets.

Regards: jsquared