[kwlug-disc] Slow OpenVPN on Rogers?

William Rieck william.rieck at gmail.com
Tue May 17 11:30:57 EDT 2011

I also am experiencing very slow peer-to-peer VPN connections with Rogers.
It feels like my traffic is being throttled as if it were a bit-torrent
connection. I see this when I use a remote desktop application 'Logmein",
(and possibly even when Skype conferencing.)

One suggestion I've heard and am finding this works, is to make sure there
are no torrents active on your network that may cause Rogers to start
throttling you willy-nilly. Rogers admits that throttling is affects other
types of traffic and they are working on a solution to this. So possibly you
need to search and destroy the torrents running on your network, (which I
know you have mentioned is a problem.....)