[kwlug-disc] Slow OpenVPN on Rogers?

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Mon May 16 13:20:32 EDT 2011

Every few months I get unhappy about our internet access and
pre-emptively start blaming Rogers. Today's complaint goes like this:
we have two OpenVPN access points set up to the same network -- one
accessing the network via a Rogers gateway, and one via a Sympatico
one. Both OpenVPN connections work sometimes, but for the past two
months our Rogers OpenVPN gateway has been so slow it is basically
unusable -- even when the Sympatico gateway is okay.

I am still trying to figure out how to make pfSense (which is hosting
these access points) cough up debugging information. There is also
some chance that our network is doing something funky. But I want to
know whether I can rule out Rogers or not. Are others running OpenVPN
servers connecting via Rogers? Does my experience ring any bells for
you?

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org