[kwlug-disc] Ubuntu 11.04 and LAMP :: Problems w/ MySQL access over 'net

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Sat May 14 01:19:54 EDT 2011

On 2011-05-14 00:33, unsolicited wrote:

< ... snip ... >

>> http://<real ip address>/etc does indeed work w/caveats
>> a) on the Linux box: the ip address is that of my subnet behind the
>> router, i.e. 192.168.0.102
>> b) on the Win box: (w/HTTP 500 error): the ip adrress is the 'real
>> world' ip address
>
> For b), you use the same numbers. You cannot browse the www, your own
> www server, from within your own network. You cannot go out and come
> back in on the same interface.

< ... snip ... >

I do go out to the www on the Win box. And back in to the Linux box.

And all is OK. (more or less)
index.html is seen and rendered
a website using html/css is accessed and rendered (in the browser on the
Win box)
a php file is accessed and executed ( on the Linux box ) and rendered
(in the browser on the Win box)
And all is OK. (more or less) ...
... except when MySQL code is in a php file ... 500 error

I will review the remainder of your response in the morrow.

Tx: JohnJ