[kwlug-disc] RPM won't install, won't uninstall

Oksana Goertzen ogoertzen at gmail.com
Fri May 13 12:11:29 EDT 2011

On 13 May 2011 11:31, John Van Ostrand <john at netdirect.ca> wrote:

> [...]
I initially tried to run rpm -e but it wouldn't uninstall.
And I also tried to run rpm -Uvh and it would say it was installed.
There is a daemon that goes along with this module and it's
dependent on lin_tape, so that adds to the complexity.  It
shows the daemon as installed but won't load because lin_tape
wouldn't load.

Running rpm -e --nodeps worked.  I didn't think it did initially
because it didn't return any message... but then when I tried
rpm -qs it didn't show the files as it did earlier... so I recompiled
the module again and ran rpm -Uvh and this time it worked!

:)  Oksana