[kwlug-disc] Ubuntu 11.04 (aka The Natty Narwhal) and LAMP

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Fri May 6 22:11:40 EDT 2011

Update: I now have my client's website installed on a the Linux box/web
server running LAMP at home mapped through my router to the 'net.

The website can be accessed at: http://209.213.253.28/index.html (for a
while).
The website is pretty basic - maybe even lame.
By design only HTML & CSS. No script. No PHP. No MySQL.

Testing on this box before uploading to a hosting service shook out some
bugs, caused by case sensitivity.
And No! I do not have security on the site or the Linux box.
(Advice is welcome!)

On 2011-05-02 18:21, unsolicited wrote:
> This would be very useful to include in your KWLUG blog area.

I will post my adventures with LAMP on the blog.
But, right now I do not know how to do so.
I have explored the website and some of the other blogs but do not see
how to create and update a blog of my own.
(Assistance  is welcome!)

> John Johnson wrote, On 05/02/2011 11:10 AM:
< ... snip ... >
>> Next steps:
>> FTP Server (Filezilla?)
>> FTP Upload of website to Linux box w/Lamp using Filezilla (or other)
>> Yes, I know I could use a USB drive or CD to do transfer the data but
>> I want the FTP mechanism in place and tested.

I deferred the FTP thing and use a USB drive to transfer the website
files from my Win** development PC to the Linux webserver.

Filezilla is Win** only.
It appears that a popular Linux FTP server is vsftpd.

FTP and more to come.

JohnJ

-----
No virus found in this message.