[kwlug-disc] Cacert.org talk at this months kw perl-mongers

Behan Webster behanw at websterwood.com
Mon May 2 19:24:45 EDT 2011

http://kw.pm.org

Thursday, May 19, 2011
Elbie will speak on CAcert.org, a web-of-trust alternative to the commercial SSL Certificate Authorities. Net benefit: free SSL server certificates!

Please register for a cacert account in advance of the meeting, and we will walk you through the rest. (We are bringing in guest certifiers to make this possible). See CAcertMeetingDetails.

When?

We meet on the third Thursday of the month, unless noted otherwise on our mailing list and on the front page of this site. Meetings go from 7 to 9pm or so.

Where?

In Kitchener/Waterloo, Ontario; most often at the University of Waterloo, in the Davis Centre room 3323; sometimes, at various pubs in the Uptown Waterloo area. Read on for specifics.

Where at the University of Waterloo?

Davis Centre is on this map. The closest legal parking is 'N' lot to the North.

Davis Centre Room 3323:

From the Ring Road entrance of Davis Centre: Go up two flights of stairs from the ground floor. You'll be facing south. Turn around, and head toward the north-most cross corridor. 3323 is toward the western end of the corridor (toward the math building). It's probably a good idea to check one of the many wall maps for an exact location.

Sent from a cell phone, hopefully not in HTML, though I suspect it will be...