[kwlug-disc] Asking questions of candidates during the election.

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 31 23:02:07 EDT 2011

----- Original Message ----
From: Ralph Janke <txwikinger at ubuntu.com>
>Currently, there are candidates who have expressed interest of
> running for the Pirate Party of Canada for the Kitchener-Waterloo

> riding as well as the Kitchener-Centre riding.

Honestly I cannot take seriously people that don't take themselves seriously.

I may have a laugh and enjoy a beer with them, but not consider them as viable

The main three reasons:
1.  I dislike "one issue" parties (green party, marijuana party, etc). As anyone
elected will need to work on many issues, just one of them will be their
platform.
2. The name of the party denotes mockery. Based on what I read, they are not for
Piracy, but for advancement of "information laws". Again, the issues may be
serious, but their approach is not.
3. Did I mention "one issue" parties?

I am not only a content producer and consumer, I am also a parent, a driver, a
home owner, etc...

 Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices