[kwlug-disc] Asking questions of candidates during the election.

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Thu Mar 31 19:24:06 EDT 2011

Chris Frey wrote, On 03/31/2011 6:47 PM:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 06:41:23PM -0400, unsolicited wrote:
>> OTOH - not much excuse for not liking the choices, and not running
>> yourself.
>
> I wouldn't saddle people with that.  There are multiple ways to
> join in the political process, even besides voting or running,
> which are the high profile options.
>
> Some people may not run for office due to their beliefs, or
> lack of citizenship, or because they already have their political
> CPU pegged at 100% in another area. :-)  But they can still
> contribute.

Fair enough, but bear in mind context here.

Most of your options imply either an engagement, in which case you
likely want to vote particularly - not spoil your ballot, or you can't
vote - so there's no ballot to spoil.

Participating in the voting process, but not choosing a presented
candidate, is the context here.