[kwlug-disc] Parliament adjourned ... bills dead (again!)?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Tue Mar 29 05:21:11 EDT 2011

Russell McOrmond wrote, On 03/28/2011 12:57 PM:
> Please go to http://digital-copyright.ca and help get tech issues into the
> election.  We have per-riding topic areas that articles are attached to.
>
> Please don't get distracted by the parties, as this is an area of policy
> where it is the individual MPs that matter.  I will be blogging more details
> on those MPs that were at the c-32 committee.  I would love to hear other
> people's impressions as well.

I am struck, in reading some of this material, that it seems that the
intent of copyright, and the technology surrounding it to facilitate,
or protect, has become so intermingled as to make it all a huge morass
where people can't make heads or tails of it all, fatigue set in long
ago, and people want to pass something, anything, to just make it all
go away.