[kwlug-disc] Linux books in 2011

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sun Mar 27 01:59:31 EDT 2011

Bob Jonkman wrote, On 03/26/2011 7:12 PM:
> Is this tiddlywiki online?  Or in your private, proprietary, top-secret
> lair?

tiddlywiki starts at http://www.tiddlywiki.com, quickly descends to
http://www.tiddlywiki.org/wiki, which is being transitioned to
http://tiddlywiki.tiddlyspace.com/, and just goes downhill from there
(in terms of collected / coherent documentation.) However:
http://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki has turned out to be an
excellent resource, almost, but not quite, on par with kwlug-disc.

As for this particular tw, it's been in existence for approximately 3
days - so there's virtually nothing in it yet. It is most certainly
private, proprietary, evidently not top-secret any more [THANKS BOB!],
and I most definitely wouldn't want it to ever see the light of anyone
else's day. Immediate cessation of life would occur due to
embarrassment. (That there's all sorts of other things in there
besides kwlug {gasp!}, including some windows debugging {WOE!} notes
from some place call kwwa {SACRILEGE!}, has absolutely nothing to do
with it. {BURN HIM, BURN HIM!})

The idea of a giant electronic post it note holder, which is one way
to think of tiddlywiki, seems to lend itself to just trying to corral
the disparate bits of useful information that could be usefully
referenced later. In some ways this could be equated to browser
bookmarks. Some e.g.'s: kubuntu forum, ssh, virus, shorewall,
firewall, iptables, gargoyle, icanprogram, pocketguide, serverguide,
intro-linux, openldap, samba.

- a point being, for me at the time, at least capture the 'stuff',
without having to worry about wiki syntax or the wiki's structure.

I expect, somewhere down the road, there will be a problem of how to
organize the disparate bits into some sort of coherent whole - but
that's for another day. At least, hopefully, all the bits will be in
but one location.