[kwlug-disc] Parliament adjourned ... bills dead (again!)?

Adam Glauser adamglauser at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 16:43:02 EDT 2011

On 3/25/2011 4:18 PM, unsolicited wrote:
> John Kerr wrote, On 03/25/2011 3:46 PM:
>> Ok this gives us another chance to make our views known.
>>
>> Obviously, it is not a high priority. Be sure to button hole
>> candidates and let them know about FLOSS and how it can save our
>> governments big bucks.
>
> REALLY good point John.
>
> I have two issues:
>
> (1) I really have no idea what to say. Can someone like Paul put
> together a blurb for the list? I think such has been done in the past.
> Or, on issues like this, site links have been posted - could that
> continue please? e.g. copyright is bigger than us, and links were posted
> towards addresses on this intricate topic.

My thought is this: There were many groups representing
industries/constituencies important to our region which spoke out
against the problematic TPM protections in C-32. I'm thinking of groups
like national student, teacher, library and software/technology
organizations.  A good question would be, given the concerns of these
groups, what does the candidate intend to do to ensure that these
concerns are addressed in future legislation?