[kwlug-disc] Linux books in 2011

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Mar 24 09:56:30 EDT 2011

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011, Joe Wennechuk wrote:

> I've got a really good one I recieved in school. I think it is a
> great book; however, it is Red-Hat/ Fedora a la YUM. I think it is
> still a good book for an Ubuntu person, and even goes into sed and
> awk, and some shellscripting.. I could bring it down for you to look
> at.   I would like to get it back one day, whenever that day comes..
> No hurry.

  FWIW, i was one of the primary, pre-publication reviewers for the
SAMS book, "ubuntu unleashed, 2011 edition" (so, yes, that is my name
in the Acknowledgements :-), which covers ubuntu 10.10 and 11.04:

that might fit the bill for what you're after.

  amusingly, since i was also given the job of taking screenshots for
a number of the utilities, i loaded up the music playing section
screenshots with canadian content such as crash test dummies,
streetheart and trooper.  i suspect american readers will be totally