[kwlug-disc] AMD is hiring Linux Engineers in Toronto

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Mon Mar 14 01:25:47 EDT 2011

Poking around on the same website I found:
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/2011/03/amd-launches-a-dual-gpu-350w-monster-card.ars

This monster may have its own processor/OS to support its dual GPUs. Linux?

BTW: I have a old ATI Radeon card in my PC. It will be a long time (or
never) before I drop $700 on a video card.
JohnJ

On 2011-03-13 21:38, Kyle Spaans wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 9:33 PM, William Park<opengeometry at yahoo.ca>  wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 11:51:58AM -0800, John Kerr wrote:
>>
>>> Lots of them
>>>
>>> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=OTIwNA
>>>
>> Something smells here.  How many people bought or plan to buy AMD/ATI?
>> I mean, everyone I know (including me) is waiting for the new P67
>> chipset motherboard to hit the store.
>>
> I do believe AMD has expanded (or is expanding) beyond the desktop platform.
>
> http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/2011/02/nvidias-quad-core-tegra-kal-el-could-end-up-in-bizarro-world.ars

-----
No virus found in this message.