[kwlug-disc] Reliable Broadband speed test

Joe Wennechuk youcanreachmehere at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 4 12:48:25 EST 2011

I guess.. But The speeds I've been concerned with in the past are farther than the first hop. If I send to a single address large files a lot, I find that rarely do I get anywhere near what the speed test tells me. In general it can be a good tool, but if you want to know the actual speed that you are going to achieve on say, a remote nightly backup...  You have to do it every night for a while, and do the math yourself.. At least, that's been my experience.

Joseph Wennechuk