[kwlug-disc] a shameless plug -- another solution

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Tue Jun 28 17:05:58 EDT 2011

On 06/28/2011 04:43 PM, John Kerr wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> A viewer of the video from Brazil shared some wisdom on this:
>
> "Just centre click on the program icon"
>
> DUH! yep, problem is I have not used the centre button in years, but with the wheel mouse it is easy to forget that it is there.
>
> Does the built-in mouse pad on laptops allow for a centre mouse click?

Linux is usually configured to 'fake' midle mouse click if you click
both button simultaneously.

Just a note that the Middle click thing is pretty much the standard with
all the 'docks' now, including Docky, Unity, AWN, Cairo and Windows 7,
(though oddly, I couldn't get it to work on the Mac, where all this dock
craziness started.  I'm no Mac expert though, so I probably missed
something obvious.)