[kwlug-disc] Don Marti on copyright and pro-trust laws

R. Brent Clements rbclemen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 19:01:00 EDT 2011

The idea of individual jurors being able to decide whether a law
applies or not is pretty much anarchy.  It is the jurors duty to fit
the facts of the case to the charges laid against the defendant.  It
isn't even left up to them to decide if the laws that are applied in
the case are the correct ones, with the exception of laws that have
various degrees of application.  Not applying the laws because of a
personal aversion to them is not that far from ignoring the laws when
it serves your interest.

Brent