[kwlug-disc] Just Asking

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Fri Jun 24 10:25:40 EDT 2011

On 2011-06-24 08:23, John Kerr wrote:
> with Nokia in trouble, and RIM in the same hot water, I am waiting for
> some market guru to announce that the entire industry is saturated.

Many years ago, one of the Japanese cell phone manufacturers, complained
that people were hanging on to their cellphones for too long.
And were not 'upgrading' to new models as the users were expected to do
when the new models were being introduced.

The life cycle of the product in the customer's hands was longer than
the product development/manufacture/marketing cycle.
The 'saturation' of the industry was an issue then. And it looks like it
remains an issue now.

jsquared