[kwlug-disc] dink router ssh problems

Chris Bruner cbruner at quadro.net
Thu Jun 23 14:14:43 EDT 2011

I've recently replaced a linksys router with a dlink. Everything is
working fine, except ssh sessions.

while using ssh to talk to remote servers, I get a write failed: Broken Pipe.

I don't believe it's a timeout issue as this will happen while listing a directory, so lots of data flying back and forth.

The usual case is a period of inactivity, then if I start doing something (eg ls) it sends a few lines and then fails.

Any suggestions?

(Email Guard:, Virus/Spyware Database: 6.17780)