[kwlug-disc] Local ISP No Limits and No Usage Charges (Oksana Goertzen)

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Thu Jun 9 14:14:30 EDT 2011

Remind me please ... why switch from TekSavvy? Moved? UBB? Switched
from Bell phone?

They (actually, both) seem well regarded here. Curious, as I hope to
switch off Rogers whenever I get around to moving, so I try to keep my
ear to the ground with respect to ISPs. I'm too far from the C.O., in
the mean time, though.

I sent a couple questions off to TekSavvy not long ago, based on
comments in this thread. AFAICT - they'd be ~$10/month cheaper than
Rogers, but ~$100 hit upon signup (admin fee + modem purchase).

<<<<<
1. If you currently have TV cable service through Rogers, adding cable
internet service through us will not affect it in anyway.
2. Currently we are subject to Rogers traffic shaping over their
network. This applies to the network over all to avoid congestion.
Saying that we are not aware of any specific traffic throttling such
as torrents or P2P file sharing software at this time. We also do not
block any ports for our service, even though Rogers blocks certain
ports on their network.