[kwlug-disc] Dump skype on Monday night

Wed Jun 8 11:19:35 EDT 2011

On Wednesday, June 08, 2011 09:46:27 AM Oksana Goertzen wrote:
> I found a couple I might try out:
>
> http://www.counterpath.com/bria-iphone-edition.html
> http://www.acrobits.cz/4/acrobits-softphone-for-iphone
> http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/calling-card/id291900272?mt=8

Groundwire (from acrobits) is by far the best SIP softphone for the iPhone
that I've tried, and I've tried a lot of them. Works very well, and is worth
the $10 they're asking.  Another $10 gets you g.729 and if you need it,
another $10 gets you SRTP (encrypted RTP).  I'm just using g.729.

I haven't found a decent calling card app for iPhone. Unfortunately IOS also
locks out the ability for programs to execute * and # keypresses, and I've
just been too lazy to adapt my Asterisk configuration around it.

-A.