[kwlug-disc] Local ISP No Limits and No Usage Charges

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri Jun 3 21:55:34 EDT 2011

Eric Gerlach wrote, On 06/03/2011 8:25 PM:
> I've had no issues at all with their service.  Bell screwed up on
> installation, but what else is new.  Since we have been operational,
> all is well.  I'm a bit annoyed that I'm locked in for a year (it's
> optional, you save $50 or something) now that TekSavvy has cable
> (which would be faster), but cable is also more expensive.

I wonder if they would charge you anything to switch over.(Aside from
the necessary hardware change costs.) It's not like you're stopping
your service.

 From past messages MLPP, even if not used, kills traffic shaping.

Do you have any reason to believe cable would (not?) be shaped?

-----

Speaking of cable: I recently heard that Rogers is managing TV
bandwidth (during the day?). HD shows are coming through very well,
pixelation, and the like. Presumably giving the bandwidth to business
internet users. TV quality goes back up in the evening.

Is this fiction?

And would not Teksavvy cable be subject to the same issues?