[kwlug-disc] rcs (git?) integration/prevalence? [Was: CSS: varying colours based on inheritance]

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Fri Jul 8 15:56:38 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 15:21, Chris Frey <cdfrey at foursquare.net> wrote:

> What if your pusher searched for changed files and committed them
> separately
> based on the timestamp?  You'd then have separate commits of each file, and
> a log of history of when you changed them.  The log message could hold
> the filename even.

For my purposes it is not that big of a deal since I know how to search the
git log. If I have each file committed independently the commit message
still would not be informative as you don't know why or how the file
changed.

I can live with, `git log $filename` followed by `git diff $commit
$filename`, and have little motivation to change that.

--
Chris Irwin
<chris at chrisirwin.ca>