[kwlug-disc] UBB comes to Teksavvy

Adam Glauser adamglauser at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 10:18:17 EST 2011

On 1/30/2011 8:15 PM, Raul Suarez wrote:
> The argument comparing the Internet with electricity would be valid if we were
> paying the real price of the bandwith. I really doubt we do.

Actually, we've been paying artificially low prices for electricity for
years.  One potential argument against having Internet access provided
as a public utility is that politically-motivated shenanigans similar to
those that go on in the energy sector would probably happen in the case
of Internet as well.