[kwlug-disc] UBB comes to Teksavvy

rbclemen at gmail.com rbclemen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 21:48:57 EST 2011

Ok, rough number crunchiing

I vaguely recall a DSLAM system costs about 30 grand. But let's assume it costs 8 times that. In a neighbourhod where it serves a hundred homes, the cost of the DSLAM is paid for in one year by 100 users using 178 GB at 1.12 dollars per gigabyte

How much is a KM of shielded CAT6 equivalent gonna cost (which is 4 customers worth on its own). And you can't tell me it is gonna be used up in a year.  Plus you either have a POTS line or pay a dry loop fee for that

I know there are other costs.  But I know they have the capital to invest in something requiring more than a year for a ROE

Brent