[kwlug-disc] UBB comes to Teksavvy

unsolicited at swiz.ca unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sun Jan 30 21:47:44 EST 2011

On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 18:33:45 -0800 (PST), Raul Suarez <rarsa at yahoo.com>
wrote:
> [...]

Free ride where usage more than the average by some is free as other users
not doing the same have a ridiculously high internet cost for usage they're
nowhere near using.

Don't forget, pricing tiers seem to connect speed and usage. So a 10 GB
per month user still only has 1M service.

So, it is a temper tantrum - those using more now pay more.

I do get the upset at having to pay more, but the upset at Bell's monopoly
is a different thing. I suspect it erroneous to connect the two. I also get
being upset at what appears to be another CRTC kowtowing to Bell, but I'm
not entirely sure that's the case here, either. Perhaps I'm just dumb. Now,
if you want the CRTC to force Bell to turn over the last mile to the public
... but then precedent appears to get in the way, again. (I suspect the
CRTC is somewhat perpetually hampered by that, which just makes things even
more complicated. If perception is reality, the CRTC certainly hasn't done
a good job at managing their message as protectors of citizens.)