[kwlug-disc] UBB comes to Teksavvy

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Sun Jan 30 20:35:34 EST 2011

On 11-01-30 08:08 PM, Rashkae wrote:

> Woah, I must have misunderstood something.  As I remember when I first
> read about the CRC decision, The UBB Bell is allowed to charge was to
> be capped at something reasonable up to 300GB Usage. (about $30,
> though I'm pulling that from memory)...
>
> TekkSavvy, OTOH, seems ready to charge hundreds of dollars unless you
> prepay monthly "Insurance".. Unless I missed something important, I
> think they are taking advantage of blaming Bell and CRC for a massive
> cash grab.

Here is the article I was referencing.. Unless this has changed, then
TekkSavvy and Execulink are getting away with Highway robbering and
blaming the CRTC.

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2010/10/28/crtc-usage-based-billing-internet.html

$22.50 Maximum surcharge for up to 300GB!!!! (less than half the cost of
TekkSavvy prepaid "Insurance".. and 75C per GB over 300, which is still
ridiculously expensive, but TekKSavvy is bumping that to 90c....
completely insane.  They need to be dumped soonest.