[kwlug-disc] UBB comes to Teksavvy

rbclemen at gmail.com rbclemen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 19:36:25 EST 2011

Sorry, meant to elaborate on that one but my Blackberry sent by accident. UBB is a vicious attempt to use one monopoly to leverage oneself into another. Or looked at another way, Bell is leveraging additional profit from every single service offered on the internet. It is absolutely the equivalent of Canada Post demanding a cut of every payment made on a bill that is mailed to a customer.

To give one potent example, every Netflix.ca customer will be paying Netflix about 9 dollars a month, and Bell about a dollar per movie.

Brent