[kwlug-disc] UBB comes to Teksavvy

Kyle Spaans 3lucid at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 14:22:49 EST 2011

I got an email last night from Teksavvy telling me that as of March 1,
my internet will be Usage Based Billed: 25GB monthly bandwidth
cap at $1.90/GB for every GB over the cap...

As much as I like Teksavvy and know that this isn't their fault, I'm
going to switch my ISP before March. Yak seems like the only
reasonably choice here in KW and I think we've talked about them
before. They seem to be unaffected by Bell due to colocating
DSLAMS in COs or ROs, offer dry-loop DSL, and I can use my
own modem. Apparently their customer service is bad though.
Other options appear to be a company called EyeSurf?

Thoughts?