[kwlug-disc] KWLUG - The Kitchener Waterloo Linux User Group subscription update for mail-forum-merge

webhost at kwlug.org webhost at kwlug.org
Sun Jan 30 10:15:58 EST 2011

Greetings, mail-forum-merge.

These are your messages
New content of type Blog entry has been submitted
- Initial KWLUG meeting announcement

Here is a post [1] that Daniel Allen found announcing our first KWLUG meeting
in October 2001.

>Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 00:11:15 -0400
> From: permute
>To: pnij... at uwaterloo.ca
>Subject: KWLUG announcement
>Hello All
>My name is Bill Rieck and I would like to invite you to the first meeting of
>the Kitchener-Waterloo Linux Users Group (KWLUG) on Oct. 13, 12-1 PM.
>The biggest obstacle to the beginning of a LUG is having a meeting place
>booked and some concrete times and dates. I have booked The Working Centre
>(free), 43 Queen St. S., Kitchener, ON, for Saturday, Oct. 13, 12-1 PM and
>can continue to have them there once a month until we agree on an
>alternative. Judging from many other LUG meet times out there, they all meet
>on a weekday once a month at 7 or 7:30 PM. The meet time may have to shift
>to a weekday eventually, but for now it will be a Saturday, come on out so
>you can have your input on this.
>We need lots of ideas on how to make a kwlug work, all levels of experience
>are welcome, and help of any kind is needed. It's up to you to come out and
>help give direction to our group.
>It is a great community meeting space that can accomodate up to 40 people.
>We have a VCR, coffee, many computers for internet and Linux use, and a
>volunteer-run (no charge) computer repair facility.
>Mapquest link:
>A mail list has been set up that may prove useful. You can subscribe by
>sending a text e-mail to majord... at thinkers.org with 'subscribe kwlug', no
>quotes, in the body.
Read more http://kwlug.org/node/807

This is an automatic message from KWLUG - The Kitchener Waterloo Linux User
To manage your subscriptions, browse to

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/kw.general/browse_thread/thread/7901e62debf4e957/cee883771988afb7?hl=en&q=kwlug#cee883771988afb7