[kwlug-disc] [OT] linux server power

John Van Ostrand john at netdirect.ca
Sat Jan 29 09:50:20 EST 2011

You can do some things to reduce power consumption without purchasing. You
could turn off or remove the extra xeon processor. That could save $84/year.
Memory is surprisingly power hungry too so removing the extra ram, if any,
would increase efficiency. Using cpu scaling will turn down the MHz on the
remaining processor to again reduce power consumption.