[kwlug-disc] FLOSS Fund/March Presentation

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Jan 28 22:06:10 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 02:31:30PM -0500, Brian Nickle wrote:

> For FLOSS fund how about http://www.gmote.org/ turns your android
> phone into a keyboard / touchpad and remote for your computer via
> wifi very handy for HTPC setups.

> License is apache 2.0 according to their google code page
> http://code.google.com/p/gmote/

Awesome. I have put this on the webpage and will add it to the
nomination queue.

> As for presentation App Inventor
> http://appinventor.googlelabs.com/about/ has been released.  This is
> the drag and drop LOGO like programming environment for Android.
> Raul mention this several months ago in his intro to programming
> presentation, at the time it wasn't released.
>
> I could probable put together 20 mins going through a simple demo,
> if there is interest.

I think there would be interest.

Could we possibly slot you in for May, and then have John do one of
his presentations for March? (John: would you be able/willing to do
the IPv6 presentation in March? If not then any of the other topics
sound good.)

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org