[kwlug-disc] Kubuntu 10.10 tiling in column mode with a netbook.

Joe Wennechuk youcanreachmehere at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 21 21:27:31 EST 2011

I've got knr 10.10 netbook going (I LOVE IT!)  and I have tiling going, but cant seem to get the tiling column mode working. I want to spawn new processes in a locked together tile set like shown here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAnGqRq45sE . Is this because I don't have enough graphics H.P. on my netbook? I know I can't get compiz going, desktop cube etc.. because of the netbook and there seems to be a compiz dependency; but, other tiling modes are snappy, and it seems to me it should/could work on my netbook like in the video?

P.S.

Joseph Wennechuk