[kwlug-disc] Your KWLUG web site account is at risk

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Wed Jan 19 22:39:57 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 07:52:03PM -0500, Joe Wennechuk wrote:

> So.. the admin function is gone, but I think you still need to add
> edit or change permission for the passwords for the logged in user
> after a reset; unless, I just can't find how to do it, but
> everything from the view and edit tabs in my account is blank.

I think we have hit a PHP 5.3 issue, not a Drupal permissions issue. I
somehow am an admin on the site, and I can't see the Edit or View tabs
either.

Looking at the logs I found some messages like this:

----
Parameter 2 to user_user() expected to be a reference, value given in
/home/USERNAME/public_html/includes/module.inc on line 386.

Parameter 3 to system_user() expected to be a reference, value given
in /home/USERNAME/public_html/includes/module.inc on line 386.
----

I have not tracked down the errors fully, but the following page
suggests PHP 5.3 issues:

http://drupal.org/node/930100

(The page is for Drupal 6, not Drupal 5, which is what we upgraded
from.)

I guess I should track this down further, but my hope is that it is a
problem that will go away with the upgrade on Thursday. (I should try
to check this. I am having troubles getting access to the test site,
though. John: could you confirm that the test site is showing user
information?)

If it is a Drupal 5/PHP 5.3 issue then I propose that John not prune
accounts until after the Drupal 6 upgrade. But I'll leave that
decision to him.

Here is another thread documenting Drupal 6 and PHP 5.3 compatibility:

http://drupal.org/node/360605

- Paul