[kwlug-disc] Starbuck Mobile App (for payment) - sort of OT

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Jan 19 13:48:34 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Oksana Goertzen <ogoertzen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> Starbucks just released a mobile app for iPhone & Blackberry that lets
> you pay via a scan with the device.  Anyone have any concerns around
> this sort of thing or NFC's?  I think Android has had this capability for
> a while, no?  In a related vein, anyone using an RF shield for their
> wallet?

There is only one Android device that I know of that has NFC, and that is
the
new Google Nexus S. I don't think it is released yet even.

NFC has been widely used outside of North America in other phones.

P.S. NFC is Near Field Communication for those who want to read Wikipedia
on what that is.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.