[kwlug-disc] Hash functions.

Joe Wennechuk youcanreachmehere at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 2 13:36:22 EST 2011

That is what I was thinking.. The coupon would be like...

FROM: spoofed [The Fairview Mall mcdonalds  sms phone number]
streetposts.com
-
its hot out! get .99 shake. at McDonalds when you transfer at Fairview!!

Redeem:
@#1AB%$.

I would generate the redeem with the time the coupon was issued, the store id number from my database and the text of the coupon itself.

when they reply the reply go's to the store itself to let them know the coupon had been redeemed.

the UDI is the @#1AB%$ which is the thing I'm trying to generate.. It needs to be as small as possible and still unique. I may still have to just use a serial number, and then hash that . Maybe I'm overthinking this..

Joseph Wennechuk