[kwlug-disc] Hash functions.

Joe Wennechuk youcanreachmehere at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 2 12:01:05 EST 2011

Security is not a concern right now really I just want to be able to make coupons that can be sent by sms that can be uniquely identified so at they can be tracked upon redemption, and timed for destruction, etc.. I haven't fully examined the security implications I don't think at this point it is any problem that they could be reverse engineered or such. I think if they are activated on send and deactivated upon redemption; at the server ,it would be Okay(??).. Also because they are SMS the number of characters is of primary concern. I Guess I could use serial numbers and just increment in a base 127 system or something, but illusionary security by obscurity is kind of what I'm going for.

Joseph Wennechuk