[kwlug-disc] How's my driving? CLUE policy coordinator

Russell McOrmond russellmcormond at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 08:51:31 EST 2011

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 8:39 AM, Chris Bruner <cbruner at quadro.net> wrote:
> Our Lug is fairly diverse, and we don't normally endorse things as a group,
> however, I personally could get behind clue, if you need partitions signed
> let me know.

  The petitions are the ones at http://BillC32.ca/petition/ and
http://BillC32.ca/petition/ict/

  Some of the KWLug folks may remember them from the past, as I've
been collecting signatures for a while now.  These are physical paper
petitions that get tabled in parliament and follow all those
processes.

  I'm also wondering if there are ongoing talks with your MPs?  Peter
Braid (Kitchener—Waterloo) is one of the constant members on the C-32
committee.  Some of the other Conservative members have changed from
when the committee was formed.  (Ed Fast and Maxime Bernier being new
replacements).

  My own focus is always on TPMs, and thus the issues brought up in
the IT property rights petition.  The rest of copyright is of course
interesting, but won't harm us as much as non-owner "digital locks".

Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
http://fix.billc32.ca/petition/ict/

 manufacturers, can pry my camcorder, computer, home theatre, or
 portable media player from my cold dead hands!"